These are the 8 most commonly asked questions about travel suitcases.
- What size suitcase should I buy?
- How much does a travel suitcase weigh?
- Is my travel suitcase allowed on the plane?
- What is the best type of travel suitcase to buy?
- What is the most durable travel suitcase material?
- How can I make sure my travel suitcase stays secure while traveling?
- Where can I find a good quality yet affordable travel suitcase?
- Are there any special features that make a good travel suitcase stand out from others?
What size suitcase should I buy?
The size of the suitcase you should buy depends on the length of your trip and how much you plan to bring with you. A carry-on suitcase is generally suitable for a weekend or short trip, while a larger suitcase is better suited for longer trips.
How much does a travel suitcase weigh?
The weight of a travel suitcase can vary greatly depending on the size and material of the suitcase. A small lightweight suitcase may weigh as little as 4-5 pounds, while a larger, heavier-duty suitcase could weigh up to 12-15 pounds.
Is my travel suitcase allowed on the plane?
It depends on the size and weight of the suitcase. Airlines have different restrictions on the size and weight of luggage that can be taken on board. You should check with your airline for their specific requirements.
What is the best type of travel suitcase to buy?
The best type of travel suitcase to buy depends on your individual needs and preferences. Some factors to consider include the type of material (e.g. hardshell, softshell, etc.), the size and weight, the number of compartments, and the features (e.g. wheels, handles, straps, locks, etc.). Ultimately, it is important to choose a suitcase that meets all your needs and fits within your budget.
What is the most durable travel suitcase material?
The most durable travel suitcase material is polycarbonate. It is lightweight and extremely strong, making it ideal for frequent travelers. It is also scratch-resistant and water-resistant, making it a great choice for protecting your belongings.
How can I make sure my travel suitcase stays secure while traveling?
- Use a TSA-approved lock to secure your suitcase.
- Make sure to keep your suitcase with you at all times, or store it in a locked storage area when possible.
- Pack your most valuable items in your carry-on luggage instead of checking them.
- Avoid leaving your suitcase unattended in public places such as airports, train stations, and hotels.
- Choose a hard-sided suitcase that is difficult to break into and secure it with a cable lock or other security device when possible.
Where can I find a good quality yet affordable travel suitcase?
One option is to look for travel suitcases on online retailers such as Amazon or eBay. These sites often have a wide selection of suitcases in various sizes, colors, and materials. Additionally, many stores offer discounts and sales when purchasing multiple items. Another option is to look for second-hand suitcases at thrift stores or garage sales. These can often be found at a fraction of the cost of new suitcases, and may even be higher quality than some of the newer models.
Are there any special features that make a good travel suitcase stand out from others?
- Durability – A good travel suitcase should be able to stand up to the rigors of travel, such as being thrown around on conveyor belts and being tossed in the back of taxis.
- Security – Look for a suitcase with secure locks and zippers that are difficult to pick or tamper with.
- Mobility – Make sure the suitcase you choose has wheels and a handle that make it easy to maneuver through airports and train stations.
- Size – Consider how much you plan on carrying and choose a size that is appropriate for your needs.
- Organization – Look for a suitcase with pockets and compartments that help you stay organized while on the go.