When it comes to international travel, having a reliable and durable suitcase is essential. The right suitcase can make your journey smoother and more convenient, ensuring that your belongings are well-protected throughout your trip. Here are some top recommendations for good suitcases for international travel.
- Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Spinner: Known for its durability and functionality, the Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Spinner is a popular choice among frequent travelers. Made from polycarbonate material, this suitcase is lightweight yet sturdy, providing excellent protection for your belongings. Its spinner wheels allow for easy maneuverability in crowded airports or busy streets.
- Travelpro Maxlite 5 Lightweight Expandable Suitcase: If you’re looking for a lightweight option without compromising on quality, the Travelpro Maxlite 5 Lightweight Expandable Suitcase is worth considering. This suitcase is made from durable polyester fabric and features a water-resistant coating. With its expandable design, you can easily pack more items while still complying with airline weight restrictions.
- Delsey Helium Aero Hardside Spinner: The Delsey Helium Aero Hardside Spinner combines style and functionality. Its hard shell construction provides superior protection against bumps and scratches, while its double spinner wheels ensure smooth gliding in any direction. This suitcase also offers ample storage space with multiple compartments and an expandable feature.
- Briggs & Riley Baseline Expandable Upright Suitcase: Known for their exceptional quality, Briggs & Riley suitcases are designed to withstand the rigors of international travel. The Baseline Expandable Upright Suitcase features a durable ballistic nylon exterior and an innovative CX compression-expansion system that allows you to maximize packing space while minimizing wrinkles.
- Rimowa Salsa Air Cabin Multiwheel: For those seeking luxury and style, the Rimowa Salsa Air Cabin Multiwheel is a top choice. Made from high-quality polycarbonate material, this suitcase is both lightweight and durable. Its multiwheel system ensures effortless maneuverability, and the TSA-approved locks provide added security for your belongings.
When selecting a suitcase for international travel, consider factors such as size, weight, durability, maneuverability, and storage capacity. Additionally, look for features like expandability, built-in locks, and TSA compliance to ensure a hassle-free travel experience.
Investing in a good suitcase is an investment in stress-free travel. By choosing a reliable brand and model that suits your needs, you can embark on your international adventures with peace of mind knowing that your belongings are well-protected throughout the journey. Happy travels!
4 Frequently Asked Questions About Good Suitcases for International Travel
- Which suitcase is best for international travel?
- What size luggage is allowed on international flights?
- Which brand of luggage is the most durable?
- Is hard shell luggage better than soft?
Which suitcase is best for international travel?
Choosing the best suitcase for international travel depends on your specific needs and preferences. However, there are a few top-rated options that consistently stand out among travelers:
- Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Spinner: This suitcase is known for its durability and functionality. Made from polycarbonate material, it offers excellent protection for your belongings while remaining lightweight. The spinner wheels allow for easy maneuverability, making it ideal for navigating busy airports or streets.
- Travelpro Maxlite 5 Lightweight Expandable Suitcase: If you prioritize lightweight luggage, the Travelpro Maxlite 5 is a great choice. Constructed from durable polyester fabric with a water-resistant coating, it offers durability and protection against the elements. The expandable design allows you to pack more while adhering to airline weight restrictions.
- Delsey Helium Aero Hardside Spinner: Combining style and functionality, the Delsey Helium Aero is a popular choice among travelers. Its hard shell construction provides superior protection against bumps and scratches, while the double spinner wheels ensure smooth gliding in any direction. It also offers ample storage space with multiple compartments and an expandable feature.
- Briggs & Riley Baseline Expandable Upright Suitcase: Known for their exceptional quality, Briggs & Riley suitcases are designed to endure the rigors of travel. The Baseline Expandable Upright Suitcase features a durable ballistic nylon exterior and an innovative CX compression-expansion system that maximizes packing space while minimizing wrinkles.
- Rimowa Salsa Air Cabin Multiwheel: For those seeking luxury and style, Rimowa suitcases are highly regarded. The Salsa Air Cabin Multiwheel model is made from high-quality polycarbonate material, providing both lightweight construction and durability. Its multiwheel system ensures effortless maneuverability, while TSA-approved locks offer added security.
Remember to consider factors such as size, weight, durability, maneuverability, storage capacity, and any specific features you may require when choosing the best suitcase for your international travels. Ultimately, the best suitcase is one that meets your travel needs and preferences while providing reliable protection for your belongings.
What size luggage is allowed on international flights?
The size of luggage allowed on international flights can vary depending on the airline and the specific flight regulations. However, there are some general guidelines to keep in mind when it comes to luggage size for international travel.
Most airlines have specific restrictions for both carry-on and checked baggage. For carry-on luggage, the typical size limit is around 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 36 x 23 cm) including handles and wheels. However, it’s important to note that these dimensions can vary, so it’s always a good idea to check with your airline before you travel.
For checked baggage, the size limit is usually larger than carry-on luggage. The maximum dimensions for checked bags are typically around 62 inches (158 cm) in total (length + width + height). Again, this can vary by airline, so it’s crucial to verify the specific requirements with your airline before your trip.
In addition to size restrictions, airlines also impose weight limits for both carry-on and checked baggage. The weight limit for carry-on bags is usually around 15-22 pounds (7-10 kg), while the weight limit for checked bags can range from 44-50 pounds (20-23 kg) for economy class passengers. However, keep in mind that weight restrictions may differ based on your ticket class or frequent flyer status.
It’s important to note that some airlines may have stricter policies or additional fees for oversized or overweight luggage. To avoid any surprises or extra charges at the airport, always check your airline’s website or contact their customer service directly to ensure you comply with their specific luggage regulations.
Remember that these guidelines serve as a general reference and may not apply universally. It’s crucial to double-check with your airline before packing and heading to the airport to ensure you meet their requirements and have a smooth travel experience.
Which brand of luggage is the most durable?
When it comes to durability, several luggage brands stand out for their exceptional quality and construction. While individual experiences may vary, here are some brands known for producing durable luggage:
- Samsonite: Samsonite is a well-established brand that has been synonymous with quality luggage for decades. They offer a wide range of suitcases made from durable materials such as polycarbonate and ballistic nylon, designed to withstand the rigors of travel.
- Briggs & Riley: Briggs & Riley is renowned for its focus on durability and functionality. Their suitcases are constructed using high-quality materials and feature innovative design elements like compression-expansion systems and reinforced corners.
- Travelpro: Travelpro is a popular choice among frequent travelers, particularly airline professionals. Their suitcases are known for their durability, thanks to features like robust wheels, reinforced corners, and sturdy handles.
- Rimowa: Rimowa is a luxury luggage brand that combines style with durability. Their suitcases are crafted from premium materials like aluminum or polycarbonate, offering excellent protection against bumps and scratches.
- Tumi: Tumi is recognized for its high-quality luggage that blends style and durability seamlessly. They use innovative materials like ballistic nylon and polycarbonate to create resilient suitcases that can withstand the demands of travel.
While these brands have earned a reputation for producing durable luggage, it’s important to note that factors such as individual usage patterns, handling by airlines, and maintenance practices can also impact the longevity of your suitcase. It’s always recommended to read customer reviews, compare features, and consider your specific travel needs when selecting a durable luggage brand.
Is hard shell luggage better than soft?
The choice between hard shell and soft luggage ultimately depends on personal preference and specific travel needs. Both types of luggage have their own advantages and considerations.
Hard shell luggage, typically made from materials like polycarbonate or aluminum, offers excellent durability and protection for your belongings. Its rigid exterior helps to safeguard fragile items and provides resistance against impacts, making it a good choice for travelers who are concerned about their belongings getting damaged during transit. Hard shell suitcases are also generally more water-resistant than soft luggage, which can be beneficial in wet or rainy conditions.
On the other hand, soft luggage, usually made from fabrics like nylon or polyester, offers greater flexibility and versatility. Soft suitcases often feature multiple pockets and compartments, allowing for better organization of your belongings. They also tend to be lighter in weight compared to hard shell counterparts, which can be advantageous if you’re trying to stay within airline weight limits. Soft luggage is generally more forgiving when it comes to overstuffing or fitting into tight spaces, such as overhead compartments.
It’s important to consider the specific requirements of your travel plans when deciding between hard shell and soft luggage. If you anticipate rough handling or need extra protection for delicate items, hard shell luggage may be a better choice. However, if you prioritize flexibility, organization, and weight savings, soft luggage might be more suitable.
Ultimately, the most important factors when choosing any type of luggage are quality construction and reliable features such as sturdy zippers, strong handles, smooth wheels, and efficient locking mechanisms. By selecting a well-made suitcase that suits your travel needs and preferences—whether it’s hard shell or soft—you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your belongings are well-protected during your journeys.