Title: The Best Carry-On Travel Backpacks of 2020: Your Ultimate Travel Companion
When it comes to traveling, having the right gear is essential. And one item that can make a significant difference in your travel experience is a reliable carry-on travel backpack. In 2020, there are plenty of options available, each offering unique features and benefits. To help you make an informed decision, we have curated a list of the best carry-on travel backpacks that will not only meet your needs but also enhance your journey.
Osprey Farpoint 40:
The Osprey Farpoint 40 has consistently been hailed as one of the best carry-on travel backpacks on the market. With its spacious main compartment, multiple pockets, and comfortable suspension system, it offers both functionality and comfort. Its compact size adheres to most airline regulations for carry-on luggage, making it an ideal choice for frequent travelers.
Tortuga Setout Backpack:
Designed specifically for travelers who want maximum organization and convenience, the Tortuga Setout Backpack boasts a clamshell opening that allows easy access to all your belongings. It features a laptop compartment, lockable zippers for added security, and adjustable straps for optimal comfort during long journeys.
Nomatic Travel Bag:
The Nomatic Travel Bag is perfect for those seeking versatility and durability in their carry-on backpack. With its sleek design and innovative features like a built-in compression packing cube system and a waterproof exterior, this backpack is designed to withstand any adventure you embark upon.
Patagonia Black Hole MLC:
For travelers who value sustainability and eco-friendliness, the Patagonia Black Hole MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-On) is an excellent choice. Made from recycled materials with a water-resistant finish, this backpack offers ample storage space with various compartments to keep your belongings organized.
Peak Design Travel Backpack:
The Peak Design Travel Backpack is a favorite among photographers and tech enthusiasts. Its customizable interior dividers allow you to carry camera gear, laptops, and other electronics securely. The backpack’s weatherproof construction ensures that your equipment remains protected in any climate.
Choosing the right carry-on travel backpack can significantly enhance your travel experience by providing convenience, organization, and comfort. The Osprey Farpoint 40, Tortuga Setout Backpack, Nomatic Travel Bag, Patagonia Black Hole MLC, and Peak Design Travel Backpack are all outstanding options for 2020. Consider your specific needs and preferences when selecting the perfect backpack for your upcoming adventures. Remember to check airline regulations to ensure your chosen backpack meets their carry-on requirements. With a reliable carry-on travel backpack in tow, you’ll be well-prepared to explore the world with ease and style.
7 Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Carry On Travel Backpack in 2020
- What is the best carry on travel backpack for 2020?
- What are the features of a good carry on travel backpack?
- How much should I spend on a carry on travel backpack?
- What size should I choose for my carry on travel backpack?
- Are there any special considerations when selecting a carry on travel backpack?
- What are the benefits of using a carry on travel backpack?
- Are there any tips or tricks to make packing easier with a carry-on travel bag?
What is the best carry on travel backpack for 2020?
In 2020, there are several top contenders for the title of the best carry-on travel backpack. While personal preferences may vary, here are five highly recommended options:
- Osprey Farpoint 40: Known for its durability and comfort, this backpack is designed specifically for travelers. It offers a spacious main compartment, multiple pockets for organization, and meets most airline carry-on size restrictions.
- Tortuga Setout Backpack: This backpack is praised for its excellent organization features and easy access to belongings. With a clamshell opening, laptop compartment, and lockable zippers, it offers convenience and security during travel.
- Nomatic Travel Bag: Versatility is the highlight of this backpack. It includes innovative features like a built-in compression packing cube system and a waterproof exterior. Its sleek design and functional compartments make it a popular choice among travelers.
- Patagonia Black Hole MLC: If sustainability is important to you, this backpack made from recycled materials deserves your attention. It offers ample storage space with various compartments to keep your belongings organized while being water-resistant.
- Peak Design Travel Backpack: Perfect for photographers or tech enthusiasts, this backpack allows customization with adjustable dividers to securely carry camera gear or laptops. Its weatherproof construction ensures protection in any climate.
Ultimately, the best carry-on travel backpack depends on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as size restrictions, organization features, durability, comfort, and design aesthetics when making your decision.
What are the features of a good carry on travel backpack?
A good carry-on travel backpack should possess several key features that enhance its functionality and make it a reliable companion for your journeys. Here are some important features to consider:
- Size and Dimensions: A suitable carry-on backpack should comply with airline regulations for carry-on luggage. It should have dimensions that fit within the allowed size restrictions, ensuring you can bring it on board without the need to check it in.
- Durability: Look for a backpack made from high-quality materials that can withstand the rigors of travel. Durable fabrics like nylon or polyester with reinforced stitching are ideal choices as they offer resistance to tears and abrasions.
- Comfortable Straps and Suspension System: Opt for a backpack with padded shoulder straps and a supportive back panel. Adjustable straps allow you to find the right fit, distributing the weight evenly across your shoulders and back, reducing strain during long periods of wear.
- Multiple Compartments and Organization: A well-designed carry-on backpack will have multiple compartments, pockets, and dividers to help you stay organized while on the go. This allows you to separate items such as clothes, electronics, toiletries, and documents easily.
- Laptop Compartment: If you plan to carry a laptop or tablet, having a dedicated padded compartment is crucial for protecting your device from bumps or impacts during transit.
- Lockable Zippers: Security is essential when traveling with valuable belongings. Look for a backpack with lockable zippers or the option to use TSA-approved locks, providing an extra layer of protection against theft.
- Lightweight Design: As you’ll be carrying your backpack throughout your travels, it’s important that it doesn’t add unnecessary weight to your load. Choose a lightweight option without compromising on durability.
- Water-Resistance: A water-resistant or waterproof exterior is beneficial in case of unexpected rain or accidental spills, keeping your belongings dry and protected.
- Accessibility: Consider a backpack with a convenient opening style, such as a clamshell or front-loading design. This allows easy access to your items without having to unpack everything.
- Compression Straps: Compression straps help compress the backpack’s contents, minimizing bulk and keeping everything secure. They also allow you to adjust the size of the backpack depending on your needs.
Remember, the features that matter most will depend on your personal preferences and travel style. Consider your specific requirements and choose a carry-on travel backpack that best suits your needs for a comfortable and organized journey.
How much should I spend on a carry on travel backpack?
The cost of a carry-on travel backpack can vary depending on factors such as brand, size, materials, and additional features. Generally, you can find decent quality carry-on travel backpacks ranging from $50 to $200 or more.
If you’re a casual traveler or have a limited budget, there are affordable options available that provide basic functionality and durability. These backpacks usually range from $50 to $100. They may not have all the bells and whistles of higher-priced options, but they can still serve your needs.
If you’re a frequent traveler or someone who values premium features and durability, investing in a higher-end carry-on travel backpack might be worth considering. These backpacks typically range from $100 to $200 or more. They often offer advanced organization systems, superior construction materials, additional security features, and comfortable suspension systems.
Ultimately, the amount you should spend on a carry-on travel backpack depends on your specific requirements and budget. It’s important to strike a balance between quality and affordability to ensure that your chosen backpack meets your needs while providing long-lasting performance during your travels.
What size should I choose for my carry on travel backpack?
Choosing the right size for your carry-on travel backpack depends on several factors, including airline regulations, personal preferences, and the duration of your trips. Here are some guidelines to help you make an informed decision:
- Check airline regulations: Different airlines have specific size restrictions for carry-on luggage. Typically, the maximum dimensions allowed for a carry-on bag range from 18-22 inches in height, 14-16 inches in width, and 8-10 inches in depth. It’s crucial to check with your airline to ensure your backpack meets their requirements.
- Consider your travel needs: Think about the length of your trips and what items you usually pack. If you tend to travel light and prefer minimalistic packing, a smaller backpack around 20-30 liters may be sufficient. However, if you often carry more clothes or equipment, opt for a larger backpack around 35-45 liters.
- Comfort and mobility: The size of the backpack should also be comfortable to carry and maneuver through crowded airports or narrow aisles on planes. Smaller backpacks are generally lighter and easier to handle, while larger ones provide more storage space but may be bulkier.
- Personal preference: Ultimately, choose a size that aligns with your personal preferences and travel style. Consider whether you prefer having extra room for souvenirs or if you prefer a compact bag that forces you to pack efficiently.
Remember that flexibility is key when it comes to choosing a carry-on travel backpack size. Look for backpacks with compression straps or expandable compartments that can adjust based on your needs. Additionally, consider the weight restrictions imposed by airlines as heavier bags may incur additional fees or inconvenience during your travels.
By considering these factors and finding the right balance between size limitations and personal preferences, you can select a carry-on travel backpack that suits your needs perfectly.
Are there any special considerations when selecting a carry on travel backpack?
When selecting a carry-on travel backpack, there are several special considerations to keep in mind. These factors can help ensure that you choose the right backpack that meets your specific needs and requirements:
- Size and Weight Restrictions: Airlines have different regulations regarding the size and weight of carry-on luggage. It’s essential to check the specific guidelines of the airlines you frequently travel with to ensure your chosen backpack adheres to their restrictions.
- Capacity and Storage: Consider how much storage space you require for your belongings. Look for a backpack with multiple compartments, pockets, and organizational features that can accommodate your essentials while keeping them easily accessible.
- Comfort and Fit: A well-fitting backpack is crucial for comfortable travel. Look for adjustable shoulder straps, padded back panels, and waist belts to distribute the weight evenly and reduce strain on your body during long journeys.
- Durability: Travel backpacks experience a lot of wear and tear, so it’s important to choose one made from durable materials that can withstand rough handling, weather conditions, and frequent use.
- Security Features: Look for backpacks with lockable zippers or additional security measures to keep your belongings safe during transit.
- Accessibility: Consider how easily you can access your items within the backpack. Backpacks with clamshell or panel-loading designs allow you to open them fully like a suitcase, making it easier to pack and retrieve items without rummaging through everything.
- Versatility: Some travel backpacks offer additional features like detachable daypacks or convertible designs that allow them to be carried as duffel bags or briefcases. These versatile options can be beneficial if you have varying travel needs or plan on using the backpack beyond just carrying it on flights.
- Style and Aesthetics: While not a functional consideration, the appearance of the backpack may be important to some travelers who want their gear to reflect their personal style.
By considering these factors, you can select a carry-on travel backpack that not only meets your practical needs but also enhances your overall travel experience.
What are the benefits of using a carry on travel backpack?
Using a carry-on travel backpack offers several benefits that can greatly enhance your travel experience. Here are some key advantages:
- Convenience and Mobility: A carry-on travel backpack allows you to have all your essential items within reach at all times. You can easily navigate through airports, train stations, and crowded streets without the hassle of dragging a bulky suitcase. The backpack’s compact size and ergonomic design make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Avoid Checked Baggage Fees: By using a carry-on travel backpack, you can avoid costly checked baggage fees imposed by airlines. Most airlines allow one carry-on bag for free, making it a cost-effective option for budget-conscious travelers.
- Time Efficiency: With a carry-on backpack, you can save valuable time by bypassing the check-in counter and heading straight to security checkpoints or boarding gates. This can be especially beneficial during peak travel seasons or when you have tight connections between flights.
- Versatility: Carry-on travel backpacks are designed with versatility in mind. They typically feature multiple compartments and pockets that allow for efficient organization of your belongings, including laptops, cameras, clothing, toiletries, and more. Some backpacks even offer specialized compartments for specific items like shoes or wet clothes.
- Security: Unlike traditional suitcases or duffel bags, carry-on travel backpacks are worn on your back, keeping your valuables close to you at all times. Additionally, many models come with lockable zippers or hidden pockets that provide an extra layer of security against theft.
- Flexibility in Travel Plans: Having a carry-on bag gives you the flexibility to change your itinerary on the go without worrying about your luggage being left behind in transit. Whether it’s switching flights or exploring an unexpected destination during a layover, having everything with you ensures adaptability throughout your journey.
- Health Benefits: Carrying a backpack evenly distributes weight across both shoulders and your back, reducing strain and potential discomfort compared to dragging a heavy suitcase. This can be especially beneficial when navigating uneven terrains or climbing stairs in destinations with limited elevator access.
In summary, using a carry-on travel backpack offers convenience, cost savings, time efficiency, organization, security, flexibility, and health benefits. It is a versatile and practical choice for travelers who value mobility and want to make the most of their journeys.
Are there any tips or tricks to make packing easier with a carry-on travel bag?
Absolutely! Packing efficiently can make a significant difference when using a carry-on travel bag. Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your space and streamline your packing process:
- Make a packing list: Before you start packing, create a detailed list of all the essential items you’ll need for your trip. This will help you stay organized and avoid overpacking.
- Roll your clothes: Rolling your clothes instead of folding them can save space and minimize wrinkles. This technique also allows for better visibility and easy access to your clothing items.
- Use packing cubes or compression bags: These handy organizers can help maximize space and keep your belongings neatly separated. Packing cubes allow you to categorize different types of items, while compression bags can further reduce the volume of bulky clothing or blankets.
- Utilize every inch of space: Fill any empty spaces in your bag, such as shoes or corners, with small items like socks or underwear. This will optimize space utilization and prevent wasted room.
- Minimize toiletries: Instead of carrying full-sized toiletries, transfer them into travel-sized containers or invest in reusable travel bottles. Additionally, consider purchasing toiletries at your destination to save even more space.
- Wear bulky items during travel: If you have bulky clothing items like jackets or boots, wear them during transit instead of packing them in your bag. This frees up valuable space in your carry-on.
- Consider versatile clothing options: Pack clothing that can be mixed and matched easily to create multiple outfits with fewer pieces. Stick to neutral colors that can be easily coordinated.
- Plan for laundry: If you’re traveling for an extended period, plan to do laundry during your trip instead of packing enough clothes for the entire duration.
- Check airline regulations: Familiarize yourself with the specific size and weight restrictions imposed by airlines for carry-on luggage to ensure compliance and avoid unexpected issues at the airport.
- Keep essentials within reach: Place important items like travel documents, electronics, and medications in a separate compartment or small bag within your carry-on for easy access during security checks or when needed during the journey.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to pack efficiently and make the most of your carry-on travel bag’s limited space. Happy travels!